Arizona Legislative action committee
About Community Associations Institute (CAI)
- Community Associations Institute (CAI) is an international organization dedicated to providing information, education, resources and advocacy for community association leaders, members and professionals with the intent of promoting successful communities through effective, responsible governance and management.
- CAI's more than 40,000 members include homeowners, board members, association managers, community management firms, and other professionals who provide services to community associations.
- CAI is the largest organization of its kind, serving more than 70 million homeowners who live in more than 345,000 community associations in the United States.
About CAI’s Arizona Legislative Action Committee (AZ LAC)
- CAI’s AZ LAC represents the 1,920,000 Arizonans living in 730,550 homes in 9,500 community associations
- These residents pay $2.6 billion a year to maintain their communities. These costs would otherwise fall on the local government.
- 66,000 Arizonans are elected to their community association boards each year, providing $53.6 million in service.
- Homes in community associations are generally valued at least 5-6% more than other homes.
- By 2040 the community association housing model is expected to become the most common form of housing.