In order to promote high standards of conduct and ethics, and to promote respect and professionalism among members, the Central Arizona Chapter has adopted this Code of Conduct and encourages all members and attendees at chapter functions adhere to this code.
1. Chapter members and attendees at chapter functions are expected to maintain high standards of conduct and treat fellow attendees, participants, sponsors, exhibitors and speakers with respect at all chapter functions and meetings.
2. Chapter members and attendees at chapter functions will address each other with respect even in circumstances of disagreement.
3. Attendees will act with the highest ethical standards, recognizing that whenever competitors within an industry gather, appropriate care must be exercised to ensure that violations of anti-trust laws do not occur. All participants in any chapter function or meeting should avoid any collusive practices or discussions. Collusion is an agreement to restrain trade and most usually is evidence in the following anti-trust violations: product boycott, restrictive market allocations, refusal to deal with a third party, and price restraining activities. There need not be written or verbal agreements to restrain trade. Conversation regarding any of these sensitive areas may be construed as implicit violations.
4. Chapter members and attendees at chapter functions are discouraged from making inaccurate or misleading representations or statements to current or potential clients, or disparaging statements about fellow members, competitors or attendees.
5. Chapter members and attendees at chapter functions are encouraged to be aware of and avoid any real or apparent conflicts of interest in preforming their duties and obligations and to promptly disclose any such conflicts.
6. While the chapter does not restrain the exchange of business cards at any chapter function, attendees should display respect towards the function's sponsors. Only sponsors of an individual program may distribute company literature or otherwise promote their company during a sponsored event.
7. The chapter encourages members to refrain from criticizing peers and/or competitors or their business practices and to maintain a healthy and professional relationship with other members of the chapter and the industry at large.
8. Members with any CAI professional certifications or designations are expected to honor their oath to abide by CAI's Professional Code of Ethics or other code of conduct associated with such designation. Any chapter member or attendee at a chapter function who believes a member with a CAI designation may have violated the CAI Code of Ethics is encouraged to report such violation to the national office.
9. Chapter members and attendees at chapter functions shall meet all financial obligations of participation in various chapter activities and functions in a timely fashion and according to any terms listed on chapter invoices.
10. Violations of the code may be grounds for the chapter Board of Directors to designate a chapter member as “not in good standing”, and to be afforded the loss of rights and privileges that accompany such designation. Under the chapter by-laws, the chapter Board of Directors has the power to suspend members for nonpayment of dues, fees, assessments, and other financial obligations to the Chapter or CAI and further has the power to censure, to suspend, to expel and to terminate members in accordance with CAI's Bylaws.
11. Complaints regarding alleged violations of this code of conduct may be made only by a member of the CAI Arizona Chapter. Notices of alleged violations must be made in writing, signed by the member making the complaint and submitted to the executive director of the chapter. The executive director shall report the violation to the Board of Directors, which shall have sole authority to investigate the complaint and administer due process within a reasonable period of time. The Board of Directors shall recommend action on the complaint and the chapter president shall notify the parties involved as to the actions taken by the chapter Board of Directors.